Due to the use of heavy machinery, equipment and hazardous materials, construction sites can be a dangerous place to work. Every year, there are thousands of construction workers getting injured at their work places in White Plains.Does Buying Research Papers Work
Buy Research Papers Now It is the legal responsibility of an employer to look after his or her staff by complying with all the relevant statutory requirements and regulations. Employers must provide safe work areas or risk being liable for accident claims for compensation.Essay Writing National Leaders
Following are some safety precautions issued by OSHA to avoid a construction accident:
- A competent person should construct the scaffolding on solid ground. Never use blocks, boards or another construction site object for support. Scaffolding should not be closer than 10 feet to power lines.
- Cover floor openings and label opening covers.
- Fall arresting systems including lifelines and body harnesses are advisable when fall hazards cannot be addressed by employing railings, temporary floors, nets, and other means.
- All slips should be cleaned up immediately and wet floors should be properly signposted to warn of danger. Make sure you wear proper footwear with good traction that is kept in good repair.
- Be sure that the electrical equipment and wiring is away from dampness and water. Fire extinguishers should be installed and visible. Inspect all electrical cords and outlets for cracks, fraying or other damage to avoid potential fires.
- Keep firefighting and first aid equipment within 100 feet of every construction site.
- The labels of all hazardous chemicals should be intact and clearly readable. Wash your eyes and hands after finishing your work.
- If you are working with concrete, always wear appropriate gloves to avoid chemical burns.
- Wear hard hats, safety glasses with ANSI Z-87 designation, dust masks to prevent respiratory problems and ear plugs for hearing protection.
- Designate “safe zones” for general use of cell phones by workers.
- All cranes must have load charts in the cabs. All crane operators must possess certification from the National Commission for Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO).
- Properly store flammable liquids.
- “No smoking” signs should be placed and there should be portable fire extinguishers.
If you are hurt on a construction site due to the negligence of another person, whether caused by the owner, contractor, project manager or another responsible person, you can obtain compensation for your injuries.College Statistics Homework Help
Academic Dissertation Help The construction accident lawyers in White Plains at Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. will help you with the legal process and work to see if you are eligible for compensation. Our White Plains construction site accident attorneys provide experienced guidance in executing construction contracts and transactions.