Edit Writing It is necessary for a worker to understand the workers’ compensation claim process in order to get a claim due to work related injury. The workers’ compensation claim process is as follows:
- When the worker is injured, the worker needs immediate medical treatment and to notify the manager/supervisor about the accident. The employee must also inform the employer in written form within 30 days.
Define Dissertation Paper The employee needs to file a claim with the Board on Form Employee Claim (C-3) by mailing the form to the appropriate Board District Office. This must be done within 2 years of the accident.
- Within 48 hours of the accident, the doctor needs to complete a preliminary medical report on Form Doctor’s Initial Report (C-4) and mail it to the appropriate district office. Report copies must be sent to the employee, employer and insurance company.
- Within 10 days of receiving the report copy, the employer must report the injury to the worker’s compensation board and the insurance company.
- Within 14 days of receipt of Form Employer’s Report of Work Related Accident, the insurance provider provides a written statement to the injured employee about their legal rights.
- Within 18 days of receipt of Form Employer’s Report of Work Related Accident and medical report (C-4), the injured employee starts to get compensation due to loss of work if the claim is approved. If the insurance company stops payment, they have to inform the injured employee, employer and Worker’s Compensation Board and also the lawyer of the injured employee. The insurance company must provide a good reason for refusing the claim.
- Every 2 weeks, the insurance company pays the injured employee.
- Every 45 days, the doctor needs to send a progress report about the injured employee to the Workers’ Compensation Board on form (C -4.2).
- After 12 weeks, the injured employee’s rehabilitation treatment is considered by the insurance company.
Contact Construction Accident Attorney in White Plains, NY
If you have been injured in a New York construction site, and want a construction site accident attorney in White Plains, NY, then contact lawyers at Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. The lawyers at Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. have experience negotiating construction accident claims. Please call Essay Winners Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. today for a free consultation at 914-357-8911 or Fax at 123 Essay Help 914-428-4126 or send an email to email@example.com.