Construction Accident Lawyer White Plains,
Westchester County, New York
Construction accidents injure and even kill many workers each year. When you are seriously injured while performing work duties in a construction site as the result of the negligence of another person – whether owner, contractor, project manager or other responsible person, you may claim compensation for your injuries.
To obtain make a successful claim you need a team of experienced lawyers on your side. A Construction Site Accident Attorney will have a thorough knowledge of state laws and regulations that govern construction sites and accidents. He /She will put together the facts and evidence of your situation to develop a successful case against general contractors and subcontractors.
OUR WHITE PLAINS CONSTRUCTION SITE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS ARE EXPERIENCED
At Marvin A. Cooper P.C., our White Plains construction site accident lawyers have vast experience in negotiating construction accident claims, reviewing project conditions for notice requirements and contract procedures, and preparing essential correspondence and notices required by various construction contracts and general conditions provisions. The White Plains construction site accident attorneys at Marvin A. Cooper P.C. are intimately familiar with the general conditions, contract terms, and administrative procedures needed to pursue your case. We provide experienced guidance in successfully executing your construction accident claims in a manner that fully protects your legal interests.
We have successfully represented clients in matters related to construction site injuries, including:
- Scaffolding and ladder injuries
- Wall and roof collapses
- Falling tools and equipment
- Crane accidents and construction vehicle accidents
- Construction equipment defects
- Product liability
- Explosions, burns, electrical shocks, fires
These accidents present significant danger to on-site workers, as many victims suffer serious brain injuries as a result of them.
LEGAL OPTIONS FOR THE INJURED
There are three main legal options for injured workers:
- Workers compensation claim: Here, the injured employee will be entitled to payment regardless of whether the employer had anything to do with the cause of injury. These claims are typically paid through insurance coverage that most employers are required to carry. The amount obtained here is almost always less than the amount that would be available in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Personal injury lawsuit: If the injured worker is not satisfied with worker’s compensation, he can choose to file a personal injury lawsuit. Here, the worker needs to prove that a person or entity other than the worker’s direct employer is wholly or partially liable for the incident that led to injury.
- Products liability lawsuit: If the worker is injured by defective equipment on construction site, then the designer, manufacturer, or seller of the equipment may be held liable.
If you’ve been hurt in a construction accident in the White Plains, Westchester County area call Marvin A. Cooper P.C.. We never collect a fee unless you receive compensation for your injury.
Call Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. today for a free consultation at 914-357-8911.